How I am changing my thinking…
When I first started a blog last June I thought it would be pretty easy to start making a few hundred dollars a month. I figured a few months of writing content and I would be getting enough visitors to make one or two hundred anyway.
Fast forward nine months and I have no income for my blog again, for the third month in a row. Thank goodness I have my virtual assistant business and that is making money! And I can see income that is coming to me, either once I hit a payout threshold or a 30 day waiting period.
But I am still encouraged. Maybe I am being naive or dumb but I still think I will be able to make money from this eventually. But I am trying to change my mindset a little bit on that though…
I think I am focusing too much on myself and what I want. I need to focus more on what I can do to help others. My goals have been totally about myself and that is not why I started this blog. So I am going to try to offer more to others this month.
What do you need? Are you trying to start a business? Do you have a question or need help with brainstorming? I’m here! Send me an email, comment on this post, message me on Facebook and I answer any question you have!
Why share my income?
I started this series with sharing my expenses in getting my blog set up. It was important to me to share how much it cost to get my business of the ground. Now, I continue to share the goals I set for myself each month and (the little bit of) income I am making.
Traffic stayed around the same as last month. I’m hoping to grow as I go through Elite Blog Academy and implement what I learned in Sticky Blogging SEO. Pinterest traffic has gone way down for me and I am not sure why…
- Work on Elite Blog Academy 10 hours a week – I’m loving EBA! It is hard and thought provoking and fun and overwhelming all at the same time.
- Finish Sticky Blogging SEO – This course is amazing. It is the first time I feel like I understand SEO and how to create a plan for it.
- Write and submit two guest posts – I haven’t submitted any new posts but I was published on Her View From Home!
- Continue working on EBA – Just keep swimming, just keep swimming…
- Offer to help other people more – Seriously, gonna starting thinking about ways I can help other moms who want to start a business.
- Prepare for the first two weeks of May – On May 3rd I will be entering the hospital to undergo Radioactive Iodine Treatment for my Thyroid Cancer. I will have to be completley away from my children for two entire weeks. I both look forward to and dread this time. To make it productive and worthwhile I want to have a detailed plan to make the most of my time.
ConvertKit – $29.00 – I love ConvertKit! It makes content upgrades and freebies so easy to distribute!
BoardBooster – $30.00
Canva – $12.95
Teachable – $0.00 I have downgraded to the free version for now.
SmarterQueue – $19.95 – This is my new social media scheduler and I love it! Makes creating recurring post so easy!
Total – $ 91.90
Maybe I need to just get rid of this section 😉