My word of the year for 2017 is FOCUS. I am working on focusing on the tasks that will bring the biggest return both personally and professionally.
For now this looks like working on a course to sell in 2017. I am excited to be creating my own product that will help other mothers start their own businesses.
Starting a business can be so overwhelming! I want to create a course that will hold your hand through the whole process. The outline is done, the first section is written and I am working on the second section this week. If you want to know when it is for sale you can sign up for updates here!
I struggled with traffic this month. Pinterest keeps changing things behind the scenes and it seemed to effect my traffic quite a bit. I am adding a few more traffic sources this month and seeing if it makes a difference.
- Outline my Course – Done! I have even finished writing the first section and sent it out to my Beta testers.
- Finish Melyssa Griffin’s From Blog to Biz Hive course – Still working my way through! There is so much to learn in this course, if you are working on building your blog into a business this course is open again this month!
- Read The Fringe Hours: Making Time For You – This has been sitting on my pile of stuff to do for most of the month. I think I finished two chapters. It is hard to pick up a book when I have so much computer work to do on a daily basis.
- Create two more reader freebies – Done! Did you see the Goal Planning Workbook and the checklist for naming your business?
- Continue focusing on blog traffic and Pinterest – Pinterest has been gaining followers no problem, but took a huge dip in sending me traffic this month. Other people have been commenting on the same thing so I know it is not just me. It effected my traffic a ton though. I only had 4154 pageviews for the month, about 700 less than October. December is already looking better so whatever Pinterest is doing behind the scenes seems to be evening out. I have also added a few more group boards and been playing around with how to schedule.
- Finish writing my ecourse Mompreneur in the Making – this is my number one goal this month. I am dedicated to getting this course done by December 31st. Sign up here to get my updates about it!
- Finish Blog to Biz Hive – I really want to finish this before I start selling my ecourse.
- Find two places to guest post in January – pretty self explanatory 🙂
- Focus on Instagram more – I am trying to post four or five times a week on Instagram and learn how to use those darn hashtags!
- Reach 250 email subscribers – I am at 195 as of today and the Goal Setting Workbook has been getting four or five subscribers a day. I am hoping to focus more on list building before Mompreneur in the Making goes on sale in January.
I know December will be crazy with the Holidays and both big kids on school vacation. The baby is doing well taking a nap in her crib everyday so I am hoping to keep dedicating that time to writing each day.
I am trying to figure out some childcare two mornings a week as well. Right this very minute she is at a friends house, I hope it is going well!
One of the hardest aspects of building this blog is childcare. I am not really making enough to justify paying for childcare but I won’t be able to grow bigger until I have more time to dedicate. It is such a catch-22.
ConvertKit – $29.00
BoardBooster – $15.00
iMark Interactive – $69.30 for help with a website issue
Siteground – $69.40 ($66.78) I switched from Bluehost to Siteground because my site was so slow. I got a refund from Bluehost of almost the same amount so this comes out even.
Total – $115.92
I didn’t like ViralTag as much as HootSuite so I am back using HootSuite for Twitter and Facebook scheduling. I am trying out Later for Instagram, we will see how that goes.
The biggest investment I made in my blog this month was to hire a coach. Amy Jo from Soul Paint Co has been amazing! She is supporting me as I create this course and has been making me ask the hard questions. I love having someone to not only to hold me accountable but to be my cheerleader as well.
I was lucky that Amy Jo was starting a new program and looking for Beta Testers to work with for 8 weeks at a discounted price, but she is worth her full price! She is such a positive person and really knows her stuff. I look forward to our weekly phone calls!
And finally my income…are you ready? A whole $5.80! It is not much, but I am so excited about it! This is my fifth month of blogging and it feels great to see a number here.
December is shaping up to be a better month already and I can’t wait to see where 2017 takes me!
Mompreneur in the Making
A brand new e-course for creative moms who want to start a business from home. Coming February 2017!