Why share my income?
I started this series with sharing my expenses in getting my blog set up. It was important to me to share how much it cost to get my business of the ground. Now, I continue to share the goals I set for myself each month and (the little bit of) income I am making.
Starting a blog can be a great business for stay at home moms but you will not get rich quick or be able to skate by on an hour or two a week. I have been putting in a ton of time on this project and am just starting to see results.
Ending the year with a bang!
I am feeling really good with how my blog ended 2016. It was a great month for traffic and I actually saw some income! I have been sharing my blog goals with you since July and am pretty excited at how it has helped me reach the goals I have set.
You can see traffic really went up near the end of the month and I ended up with my best views so far!
December saw me reach the biggest goal I had set yet. I completed my ecourse Mompreneur in the Making! I have five beta testers going through the course right now and it will be open for purchase on January 10th.
RELATED POST: How I Doubled My Blog Traffic This Month
- Finish writing my ecourse – Yes! I finished about 8pm on December 31st but I did it! The week before Christmas my Chromebook completely died and I thought that was it for this goal but my wonderful in-laws bought me a new Chromebook for Christmas!
- Finish Blog to Biz Hive – I have not finished every lesson in this course but I tried to go through and read the ones that would be most helpful for finishing and selling my course.
- Find two places to guest post in January – I have a list but have not reached out to anyone yet. Writing my course and my own blog posts has kept me pretty busy…
- Focus on Instagram more – I have been doing great on Instagram. My followers have gone up and engagement is way up. I credit it all to using hashtags! And a shout out to Amy Jo of SoulPaintCo, she gave me the push I needed to get serious.
- Reach 250 email subscribers – This goal got blown out of the water! I ended the month with over 400 subscribers. The 2017 Goal Setting Workbook became my most pinned pin on Pinterest and gave me a ton of new subscribers over the month.
- Launch Brand Your Small Business! – This will be my focus all month. The course will be open for sale on January 9th and will start February 1st. I have so many plans to share some great free content with all of you too!
- Do my first webinar – I am so nervous! If you have any good webinar planning information please link it in the comments! I am going to try to do this the last week in January.
- Complete on e-course and on ebook – When I was going through things this fall I realized I had enough ecourses and ebooks to do one a month the entire year.
- Create two freebies for my readers – I put one up on Monday, the One Page Business Plan template. I have another one in mind that I am super excited about and hope to get it up in the next week or two.
- Spend some time with my husband – This isn’t a business goal but I have been working most evenings lately trying to finish the course and keep up with my regular work. He has picked up the slack around the house, putting all the kids to bed and cleaning up after a long day. I miss my husband! I am hoping we can get some time to just hangout and watch tv or read together. It is important to me that I try to balance my work with my family.
I am still struggling with the whole childcare issue. I have gotten some help from family and a friend to watch the baby a few mornings a week but I have still been working almost every evening too. The toddler years are so hard, they need constant supervision and don’t want to let you do anything that isn’t giving them attention.
January should be a little slower, now that they holidays are over and it is so cold and snowy out. I am planning on slowing down a little bit after the course launch.
ConvertKit – $29.00 – I love ConvertKit! It makes content upgrades and freebies so easy to distribute!
Canva – $12.95 – This has been an expense for my VA business for a while but since the client I was doing the most graphic design for went a different direction I am switching over to a blogging expense.
Teachable – $39.00 – This is where I am hosting my course.
Total – $110.95
Ultimate Bloggers Toolkit – $38.80
There are a few other accounts that had transactions but this is the only one I got paid from.
So I am still not breaking even but made more this month then last month so everything is at least going in the right direction!
Mompreneur in the Making
A brand new e-course for creative moms who want to start a business from home. Coming February 2017!