Notice Anything Different?
You might notice some big changes to the look of Kids, Cash and Chaos. I was working with a designer on a new logo and color scheme and decided to change my theme as well.
I was pretty nervous about making the change. My previous theme used Genesis too so I didn’t have to change the framework, just the child theme. I had never changed the theme on a live blog before but figured I better learn!
This checklist from WP Beginner was super helpful and got me ready to go. It ended up taking me about four hours, so it wasn’t quick but I learned a lot and love how it came out.
Pretty Darn Cute Designs has great notes on getting the child theme set up and looking the way you want. I was really impressed with how each widget had instructions with pictures.
The one thing I wished I had done before hand was write down which widgets I was using in the sidebar of my old site. I totally spaced on taking notes on that!
What do you think? Let me know if you find anything that isn’t working!
After a busy month, I finally sat down yesterday to look at how this blog was growing and was so pleased with what I saw. My pageviews are up, my Pinterest followers are up and I finally am seeing some income!
- Focus more on my Facebook Group – I have been posting about four or five times a week and have gotten a few more members. I am hoping to increase engagement and have been playing around with what works.
- Post twice a week on my blog – Done! I’ve been able to focus on writing more recently. Getting my toddler to sleep in her crib at naptime is hard but has been worth it in the end. I get more writing time and she takes a better nap.
- Finish reading Building A Framework – I’m so close! I have been taking my printed copy with me to swim lessons to read while the kids are in the water. I have one more chapter to go.
- Reach 5000 monthly pageviews – Didn’t quite make it, but so close! 4,881 pageviews in October.
- Write one guest post – I didn’t do this at all. I think I might put off guest posting for now. I keep setting it as a goal but really everything I write goes on this blog right now.
- Outline my Course – I put together a survey and have been sharing it on Facebook to get a better idea of what I should include in the course I am thinking about doing. I plan on putting together my final outline by the end of the month.
- Finish Melyssa Griffin’s From Blog to Biz Hive course – I bought this course this summer and got started but then it got pushed to the back burner. My plan is to watch one video a day until I have gotten through it.
- Read The Fringe Hours: Making Time For You – I’ve been meaning to check out this book by Jessica Turner for a while. I finally got a used copy from Amazon and want to fit in time to read it this month.
- Create two more reader freebies – I have been slacking on treating my readers! I want to make two more freebies this month for my subscribers and then offer them on my blog too.
- Continue focusing on blog traffic and Pinterest – My Pinterest followers increased to over 1100 in October which I was so excited about. I would like to get to 1500 in November if I can, there are some strategies in Melyssa’s course that I am excited about trying. As for pageviews, I’m going to shoot big and see if I can double my views to 9,000!
ConvertKit – $29.00
BoardBooster – $15.00
SumoMe – $25.00 With the recent Google changes to penalize pop-ups I have decided to stop paying for SumoMe. I will continue to use the free version for the sharing buttons.
Genius Blogger’s Toolkit – $58.20 I bought this with my affiliate discount and I am soooo glad I did! There are some awesome resources here that I can’t wait to dig into this winter.
Total – $127.20
I also use Tailwind and CoSchedule but I paid for the year upfront. I got two free months with ViralTag through the Genius Blogger’s Toolkit and I am trying that out this month. Previously, I have been using the free version of HootSuite which I love, ViralTag has a lot to live up too!
October was the first month I am seeing some income, although I am not counting it yet since it has not been paid out to me. I’m excited to see it even if it is only virtual at this point!
Personally, I have been trying to create better balance in my days. My 16 month old daughter is learning to sleep in her crib at nap time which is helpful. I am using that time to write more.
This month I also have a few new business planning workbooks that I am excited to dig into. I will be sure to share the results when I am done!
Are You a Busy Mompreneur?
Need some help getting organized?
Get your FREE Plan Your Week worksheet with step by step directions!
You'll also be signed up to receive my weekly newsletter full of tips for balancing your business and your life.